Grad

>> 5.6.09

Wow.

I am no longer a high schooler. I don't quite know what to feel, or how to describe what I am feeling. Bittersweet might be accurate, but that's not quite right. 13 years at my beloved alma-mater have left me even longing for change. 4 years with many different friends have left me longing for more of the same. I'm definitely an imposter--smiling for the pictures, schmoozing with parents and teachers. I haven't really feel like a graduate yet, but the small piece of parchment says otherwise.

Today, however, was the culmination of graduation, showing me how I made it this far. Everyone has played a significant role, big or small. Gathering today helped me to have closure, celebrating the end of a journey with my mentors, my friends, and my family.

Teachers who have been sometimes my task masters, always my advocates, and always my friends

Friends who have been so much more than the title can describe.

Family members who have given me a tradition of faithfulness to challenge and encourage me.

Thanks for celebrating with me today. It fills me with joy. I wouldn't have it any other way. I am now ready for the next phase.

I have now officially graduated.

nate.

0 comments: