Throw Away Your Washing Machine

>> 13.10.08

"Ah what a relief it is, to be in Christ He's the life that I need to live" Woah! Stop! "the life that I need to live"... what does that even mean? This is a bumping song (Relief by Trip Lee), but I wish we could rearrange some things. Lets see...

How bout "We live the life we need to live, so we can be in Christ... and be relieved.." Hmm (fail.) But, isn't that how you feel a lot of times? Don't you feel the weight of "needing" to do something to make yourself clean? I want to rest and be content in Jesus, and simply accept all that he has done for me, but I always feel the need to do something. Jesus is often my washing machine. I give him my flesh for a short time, so that he can wash it, and I can live with cleanliness for a short time (before it becomes dirty again..) That, however, is not at all how it is! Our flesh is not sinful anymore! That's not what it is. By no means will we never sin (I can attest to that), but how awesome is it that we are free from sin. Fighting the battle over sin seems like a current and future thing to me, but it has already been fought and won! We don't have to fight, we just need to "reckon ourselves dead to sin" (Rom 6), or just realize how Jesus has killed our old sin nature. We don't have to sin anymore - we have the power to choose not to sin. That's sweet.

Your identity is God. You are clean, you are holy. You are loved.

"There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ" (John 8:1)

"Jesus said to her, 'Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.'" (John 8:11)

Throw away your washing machine, God has made you dirt-proof.

nate.

0 comments: