On the Unknown Future

>> 29.1.09

You know that feeling?

Standing, with no other thoughts, looking out into the ocean.
That feeling, so ethereal, that something greater surrounds you, and you are paralyzed.
That the expanse you face is about to swallow you in it's deep blue depths.
That sound, as the surf speaks its soft secrets, the blissful joys of life.
That feeling, of warm sand on bare feet, fresh with the smiles of sunshine recently passed.

The corners of my mouth relax into a smile as I reflect on days most recent and the ocean of feelings I've experienced. Times are moving, both in good ways and in hard ways. With all I leave behind, and all that is before me, I feel, once again, like an adolescent wading into the depths of the great sea. Wet sand creeps between my toes, but the sweet sunshine beckons me into the warm waves of joy. It is great to be back in Papa's arms, I hide so frequently, but again and again he cares for me. I don't understand

He tells me "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you, to give you a hope and a future."

I know you hear, but have you heard? He tells you too

nate.

1 comments:

cori slepp January 31, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

oh wow, i love this :]

in response to your comment reply to my post, i hope you're doing well/still are doing well!
i wish we could get together and talk sometime!